How to setup & install NSSM (the non-sucking service manager)
- Head over to the NSSM Website
- Download a release:
- Latest Release: Stable, tested, but older.
- Feature Pre-Release: Newer, less stable, likely to have more features & capabilities.
- Make a new folder somewhere easy to access. I personally recommend
- Extract the contents of the downloaded
.zip file into your new folder. Make sure that what you extract is the contents, looking something like:
Do not just extract the top folder (i.e.
- Press the Win key
- Type "Environment Variables"
- You want the result which is highlighted in this screenshot:
- Click on "Environment Variables" at the bottom
- Find the System Variable called Path. Click it, and press edit.
- Select Browse
- Find either the win64 or win32 folder inside your NSSM directory. Select that one and you're good to go.
You can now use NSSM from the commandline with: